Jussie Smollett Just Got The Worst News Possible From ‘Empire’

“Empire,” the show that hate crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett stared in, has announced that the show is expected to end after season six and the producers still have no plans for Smollett to return.

“We are turning the final season into a large TV event, we are trying to go out guns a blazing,” Charlie Collier, Fox Entertainment CEO said on Monday. “You allow fans to lean in and have the ending they deserve.”

Claim Your Free Trump 2020 Hat – Just Cover Shipping

When asked about whether or not Smollett would return to the set, Collier announced that “we have no plans for that.”

Check out what Deadline reported in relation to the current situation surrounding Smollett:

On the other hand, amidst other long in the tooth issues, Empire was pummeled this year by new ratings lows and the every spiraling controversy over the January 29 presumed hate crime that the Jamal Lyon portraying Smollett is now alleged by Chicago Police and prosecutors to have perpetrated against himself.

Things were still looking good several weeks ago for a longer run when options for key cast like the once and now once again music moguls the Lyon clan of matriarch Cookie (Henson) patriarch Lucious , (Howard), on-screen sons Bryshere Y. Gray, and Trai Byers, along with Gabourey Sidibe and Nicole Ari Parker were sewed up last month for another season, I hear.

Having portrayed openly gay middle son Jamal Lyon on the series from its early 2015 debut, Fox Entertainment and now Disney-owned 20th Century Fox TV “negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett’s option for Season 6.”

In April, Fox Entertainment made the shocking announcement that Smollett would not be returning to the season because of the hate crime hoax that he staged on himself in Chicago.

Get All The TOP Trending Political News @ TrendingPolitics.com

“By mutual agreement, the studio has negotiated an extension to Jussie Smollett’s option for season six, but at this time there are no plans for the character of Jamal to return to ‘Empire,’” the Empire studio announced at the time.

A representative for Smollett then released a statement saying Smollett hopes to eventually return to the set.

“We’ve been told that Jussie will not be on ‘Empire’ in the beginning of the season but he appreciates they have extended his contract to keep Jamal’s future open,” the statement said. “Most importantly he is grateful to Fox and ‘Empire’ leadership, cast, crew and fans for their unwavering support.”

Check out what Breitbart reported:

Collier’s announcement comes as a Chicago judge is slated to decide if a special prosecutor is needed to investigate why the state prosecutor’s office dropped charges accusing Smollett of staging the attack.

Former Illinois appellate Judge Sheila O’Brien had asked for a special prosecutor to examine why the office of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx dropped charges against the Empire star.

VOTE NOW: Should Rep Omar Be REMOVED From Office For Her Anti-Semitism?

O’Brien asked Martin last week to recuse himself because his son is a prosecutor in Foxx’ office. Prosecutors opposed Martin’s recusal, saying it wasn’t necessary and would set a bad precedent.

What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!