On Wednesday, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) announced that they will not allow Fox News to host a presidential primary debate because of Fox News’ “deep ties between the conservative network and President Trump’s inner circle.”
Tom Perez, the DNC Chairman, announced that Fox News wouldn’t be able to host a debate by saying, “Recent reporting in The New Yorker on the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and FOX News has led me to conclude that the network is not in a position to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates. Therefore, FOX News will not serve as a media partner for the 2020 Democratic primary debates.”
This move by Perez seems to be “payback” at Fox News for not pushing the far Left agenda that most news networks seem to produce these days.
The attempt of “sticking it” to Fox News backfired on Perez when President Trump took to Twitter to give his two cents about the situation:
Democrats just blocked
@FoxNews from holding a debate. Good, then I think I’ll do the same thing with the Fake News Networks and the Radical Left Democrats in the General Election debates!
Democrats just blocked @FoxNews from holding a debate. Good, then I think I’ll do the same thing with the Fake News Networks and the Radical Left Democrats in the General Election debates!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 7, 2019
BOOM! Two can play at that game! The only winners here will be President Trump and Fox News. Perez is refusing to allow Fox News to hold a debate which means millions of Americans who rely on Fox won’t be watching the Democratic debates. If President Trump boycotts the liberal news outlets in the General Election, then the only debates would be hosted by Fox News which would mean everyone would have to watch Fox for the debates. Winning!
Check out what The Hill reported:
Fox News had been lobbying to get its own debate, and Perez had considered partnering with the conservative outlet.
In a statement, Fox News senior vice president and Managing Editor Bill Sammon said the network hoped the DNC would reconsider, citing the network’s journalists Chris Wallace, Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, “all of whom embody the ultimate journalistic integrity and professionalism.”
“They’re the best debate team in the business and they offer candidates an important opportunity to make their case to the largest TV news audience in America, which includes many persuadable voters,” Sammon said in an emailed statement.
The Democrats have made it clear that they care more about punishing conservatives instead of doing the right thing.
If the Democrats want to win in 2020, they are going to need to pull some Republicans over the aisle. Considering Fox News has the highest ratings out of all the news networks, it’s interesting that the DNC wouldn’t want to tap into Fox News’ supply of viewers.
Now that Trump is refusing to hold a debate with the liberal news outlets during the General Election, only Fox News will be hosting which means the Democrat candidate will only be able to debate President Trump through Fox. This definitely backfired on the Democrats!
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below…