BOOM: AG Barr OVERRULES Obama Judge, Gives Trump Massive Win On Asylum Seekers

Attorney General William Barr overruled an Obama-pointed judge this week and held that President Donald Trump’s administration can resume its immigration practice of requiring asylum seekers to remain in Mexico as their cases are heard.

U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg, who was appointed by Obama, recently issued an injunction to halt to the practice, but the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled on Friday in favor of the Trump administration, meaning the president could resume this plan.

SPECIAL OFFER: Free Trump 2020 Hat While Supplies Last

“As DHS continues to implement MPP across the southern border, we will continue to advise our partners in Mexico, so each new location becomes operational in a way that ensures a safe and orderly flow,” said a DHS spokesperson.

With the crisis at the US-Mexico border continuing to grow, this gives the Trump administration a huge win.

In many cases, migrants remain in the U.S. until a judge hears their case, which often results in the immigrants hiding out and remaining in the country illegally.

Now, thousands of migrants who file for asylum will have to wait in Mexico until their case is heard before a U.S. Judge.

NATIONWIDE POLL: Was Obama The Worst President In History?

Here’s more from CBS News:

The Trump administration is resuming its controversial “Remain in Mexico” policy requiring certain non-Mexican migrants who claim asylum at ports of entry along the southern border to wait in Mexico while their cases are processed in the U.S., a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spokesperson told CBS News Tuesday.

The administration had the halted policy, officially known as the “Migrant Protection Protocols,” for a few days after a federal judge blocked the government from implementing it. On Friday, however, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals granted the government’s emergency motion to stay the lower court’s ruling, allowing the administration to resume the practice.

The policy had been expanded by the administration after it first debuted at the San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego in late January. Approximately 1,105 Central American migrants have been returned to Mexico to await their court hearing under the practice.

Since U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg in the Northern District of California issued his injunction blocking the policy last week, no asylum seekers have been returned to Mexico by the U.S. government, a Mexican government official told CBS News Tuesday.

The DHS spokesperson said the agency would resume the practice in ports of entry in California and Texas, including those in Calexico, San Diego and El Paso. The U.S. government will inform the Mexican government of the policy’s expansion to other locations, the spokesperson added.

CAST YOUR VOTE: Should President Trump CLOSE DOWN The Southern Border?

While most Democrats won’t admit it, there’s certainly a crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Mark Morgan, the former Border Patrol chief under President Barack Obama, revealed that by the end of the year, over one million migrants will have entered the U.S. — and at least 650,000 will stay.

Last month, Customs and Border Patrol as well as the Department of Homeland Security have been experiencing an unprecedented wave in migration from Central America.

Barr’s ruling gives the Trump administration a big win and will force thousands of migrants who file for asylum to stay Mexico rather than coming directly to the U.S.

[RELATED: Anti-Trump Candidate Makes It Official – Will Challenge POTUS For 2020 GOP Nomination]

[RELATED: Traitor: Obama Travels Overseas, Says The Unthinkable]

You Might Like